Saturday, January 14, 2012


Good morning. Here is an amazing sunrise from where the United States' day really begins.

Last night was outstanding. Wake Island has ~80 Thai people that comprise the majority of the island's work force. The Thais are some of most polite, skilled and dedicated people you will ever come across.

My friend and I were invited to one of the beach houses for a great Thai dinner. The food was the best I have had since my arrival. It compares to the best Thai restaurants in the States. There was papaya salad, sticky rice, a spicy duck dish, pad thai noodles with chicken, fried rice with pork. There was a new item I have never had before, Wasabi plant leaves. You take a portion of the leaf and use it to grab your choice of dishes. The wasabi leaves with the hot papaya salad had a bit of a twang to it, but it was good.

Here is the terminal building at Wake Island
Airfield. Compared to Midway we see a greater number of aircraft operations. As an aviation enthusiast I am in heaven to be around swarms of F/A-18 Hornets, KC-135 flying gas stations and my airplane, slow but will get you there C-130 Hercules.

Today is our day off, but we have a couple of C-130s coming in for gas, should be a fairly easy day, plus 4 hours of OT is most welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds like a lot busier airport than Midway. Glad you won't be quite as bored! Looking forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete